FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County sheriff's deputies say a man was electrocuted while trimming walnut trees in Fresno County. It happened shortly before noon Monday in a field at Valentine and Buena Vista avenues.
Investigators say the 79-year-old man was hired to trim the trees on private property. When he raised his steel basket into the air, investigators say it came in contact with a live power line, which then started a fire. Two employees at the nearby San Joaquin Country Club were able to put the fire out with a garden hose.
But the man, who has not been identified, did not survive his injuries.
Man, 79, electrocuted while trimming trees in Fresno County