Fresno State's bulldog mascot dies after bee sting

EMBED </>More Videos

Officials with the school's athletics department say he died from severe anaphylactic shock caused by a bee sting.

The Red Wave is pausing to remember the Valley's most popular dog. Victor E. Bulldog II died on Thursday after he was stung by a bee and went into anaphylactic shock which is basically an extreme allergic reaction.

News of his death quickly spread on social media and fans shared photos and stories about the loveable dog.

"It's sad to now such a big part of our spirit is gone now," said Genna Fogelberg.

"You cannot drive that golf cart with him without folks wanting to stop, wanting to see him, wanting to their picture with him," said Jacqui Glasener.

Vets are warning all pet owners to watch out if your pets are stung by bee. If their face swells, they start vomiting or appear weak, taken them to urgent care immediately.

Victor E. II would have turned three next month.




Related Topics:
fresno statefresno state bulldogsfresnoFresno
(Copyright ©2018 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.)