FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Students at Bullard High School were on a modified schedule Friday morning, sheltering in place as a precaution after a construction contractor broke a natural gas line. The accident happened just before 9:00 a.m.
Bullard High Principal Carlos Castillo said the crew was working on a school project when the line was broken. A message went out to parents and students letting them know about the leak and telling them there was no need to worry.
"Because it's blowing into the area and not concentrated it's not posing a hazard to our students and staff this time."
PG&E crews capped the line and stopped the leak.
Barstow Avenue between Palm and Fruit was closed in the area during the leak.
The school has since lifted the shelter in place order and students are now allowed out of their classrooms.
Shelter in place lifted after gas leak near Bullard High capped
More TOP STORIES News