ARIZONA (KFSN) -- 73-year-old Anita Johnson and Max Nicklas were part of the same Bible study group.
The two adopted a local family and often helped them out with groceries and home repairs.
Recently, Johnson helped fundraise to get the family a new stove and was there Thursday when it was delivered.
Fire investigators believe there was a leak in the old propane stove causing a large pool of gas collected in the home.
The gas ignited and the house blew up killing Johnson and injuring two Spencer's appliance workers.