Woman dead after home exploded in Arizona

EMBED </>More Videos

Fire investigators believe there was a leak in the old propane stove causing a large pool of gas collected in the home. (KFSN)

73-year-old Anita Johnson and Max Nicklas were part of the same Bible study group.

The two adopted a local family and often helped them out with groceries and home repairs.

Recently, Johnson helped fundraise to get the family a new stove and was there Thursday when it was delivered.

Fire investigators believe there was a leak in the old propane stove causing a large pool of gas collected in the home.

The gas ignited and the house blew up killing Johnson and injuring two Spencer's appliance workers.
Related Topics:
explosion
(Copyright ©2018 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.)