FRESNO, Calif. --A fire tore through a Northwest Fresno home leaving a family of four without a home.
Fire crews say they got a call around 2:30 a.m. Thursday about smoke in the home but family members couldn't see any flames. When they arrived, they found the fire in the attic and say it had probably been burning a while.
They were able to contain the flames, but not before it destroyed the entire attic and roof. Firefighters say because they had to use so much water to put out the flames, the ceiling of the home is now starting to fall in.
"Right now we're thinking the cause of the fire is accidental, perhaps we're looking into electrical and maybe a fireplace. A fire was going earlier in the evening," said Ron Stogdell, Batt. Chief.
Everyone was able to make it out safely and they are now staying with family members. Damage is estimated to be about $100,000.