House fire displaces Central Fresno family

EMBED </>More News Videos

Fire officials say the mother woke up when she heard smoke detectors in the house going off and she got the family out. (KFSN)

A family of six is without a home Saturday after a fire broke out at their home.

It sparked just before 6 a.m. at a home on Weldon Avenue near Fresno Street.

When firefighters got there, they saw flames coming from the garage attached to the home.

They put it out quickly but two adults and four children are now displaced.

Fire officials said the mother woke up when she heard smoke detectors in the house going off and she got the family out.

"This is a good case where the smoke detector does its job when family members are sleeping," Batt. Chief Casey Clark with the Fresno Fire Department said.

Investigators say they found 40 pounds of copper wire burning outside the garage and that may be how it all started.
Related Topics:
newsfresnohouse fireFresno
(Copyright ©2016 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments
FRESNO
More fresno

NEWS
More News

Top Stories
Show More