FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) --Thanksgiving is almost here, and if meal planning has you a little worried, let us help by spicing up one of your side dishes.
Green Bean Casserole
3 cups of green beans
2 TB butter
2 TB flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
2/3 cup sour cream
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
1 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/3 cup French's French fried onions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Wash & dry green beans. Cut in half and remove stems. Blanch by placing in boiling water for 3 minutes, then remove to an ice bath for an additional 2 minutes.
2. Melt 2 TB butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth, and cook for one minute.
3. Stir in salt, sugar, onion, mushrooms, & sour cream. Add in green beans and stir to coat.
4. Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top. Layer on French fried onions.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden and the cheese is bubbly.
Makes 6 servings.