- 1 scallion (green onion), thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, combine scallion, soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch, ginger, sugar, and pepper; mix well. Add chicken chunks and toss to coat completely. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 3 hours.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade, and cook chicken in batches 8 to 10 minutes, or until crispy on all sides and no pink remains.