Cooking Time: 40 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 red cabbage, shredded (about 2-3/4 pounds)
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cooked bacon
What To Do:
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 30 minutes, or until cabbage is tender, stirring occasionally.
Notes: Red wine vinegar can be substituted for wine. Just add an additional 1/4 cup sugar.