Toddler hurt in Southeast Fresno Fire

EMBED </>More News Videos

Investigators on scene say it appears the family was using their stove as a heating device. The toddler got a hold of gift wrapping paper that caught fire on the stove and fell around his leg. (KFSN)

A three-year-old is in the hospital after being burned in a fire in southeast Fresno.

Fire crews were called to a home at Fifth Street and California Avenue Friday morning. Investigators on scene say it appears the family was using their stove as a heating device.

The toddler got a hold of gift wrapping paper that caught fire on the stove. When it fell, it wrapped around his leg.

The child suffered second and third-degree burns to his calf.

Child Protection Services was notified but have determined no criminality.
Related Topics:
newsfresnochild injuredbuilding fireFresno - Southwest
(Copyright ©2017 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments
FRESNO
More fresno

NEWS
More News

Top Stories
Show More