Fresno firefighters revive cat after Fresno house fire

EMBED </>More News Videos

No one was in the house when it happened, but firefighters rescued a cat that had been overcome by smoke and spent about 20 minutes giving it oxygen with a special pet mask to revive the animal. (KFSN)

A kitchen fire caused extensive damage to a home in central Fresno Friday and left a pet cat named Desi near death.

The fire damaged several rooms in the home at Cortland and Palm Avenues and spread to the attic.

No one was in the house when it happened, but firefighters rescued a cat that had been overcome by smoke and spent about 20 minutes giving it oxygen with a special pet mask to revive the animal.

"It does look like she took some smoke in, but with the efforts of our firefighters Kate Nunez and Conner Manning here, I think Desi is going to make it alright," said Brian Price with the Fresno Fire Department.

Desi appeared to recover after the rescue.

Damage to the home was estimated to be about $50,000 and firefighters say it appeared to have been started by a pan left on the stove after a resident briefly left the house.
Related Topics:
petspet rescuefresnogood newsFresno - Central
(Copyright ©2016 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments
GOOD NEWS
More good news

PETS
More Pets

Top Stories
Show More