Cooking Time: 35 min
- 6 Idaho potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, coarsely chopped
- Fill a medium saucepan three-quarters full with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add potatoes, and cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until fork-tender; drain and set aside to cool slightly.
- Cut potatoes into 1/8-inch slices and place in a medium bowl; gently stir in salt and pepper then set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat and sauté onions until browned. Add onions to potatoes; mix well.
- Spread mixture evenly in skillet and cook 12 to 14 minutes over medium heat, until potatoes are browned, turning halfway through cooking. Serve immediately.