This year's special features include: Bank Vault Giveaway - by both Soft Rock 98.9 and BMW Of Visalia, the latest and newest innovations in today's home electronics, fall home décor and decorating ideas and trends, and money-saving, energy-efficient ideas to help homeowners obtain incentives and rebates.
Visalia Home Expo
September 24 & 25, 2011
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Visalia Convention Center
Senior Discount (62+): $3.00
Children under 12: Free
- Gather new ideas and get special prices as you stroll through 250 Exhibits.
- Be one of the first 500 show visitors (on either day) and try your luck at "Cracking the Vault" to win $50,000 from Soft Rock 98.9 toward your next BMW of Visalia dream car.
- Talk with techs at Next Step Communications and Attitude Online about what's new in Internet, Cellular Phones, and Home Theater.
- Let the Interior Designers and Decorating Professionals at Gary O. Furniture show you functional, elegant, and seasonal home décor and redecorating ideas.
- Compare the latest solar system alternatives, and save time and money with easy-to-do home improvement projects and tips from experts at The Home Depot.
- Experience "ideal backyard" displays and water features and discuss your plans with one of the many landscaping, pool, patio, and spa companies.
- Watch children, ages 6 -14, compete on Saturday at the 4th Annual Kids Cook-Off, hosted by Kathy Powers of Hey Kids Let's Cook (VPT).
- Sample and vote for your favorite BBQ Ribs and Chili as teams of local first responders and celebrity chefs battle for top honors to benefit local food banks.
- Enter to win a "Painter-For-A-Day" (including labor and materials) from A-Plus Custom Painting and stop by to enter to win a Visalia Mall shopping spree
On Sunday, September 25, first responders and culinary experts will converge on the Home EXPO to compete for the South Valley's Best BBQ Ribs & Chili - with proceeds going to support local food banks.
The cook-off starts at 8 a.m. in the kitchen, and then moves center stage to the tents located on the grass area in front of the Convention Center entrance. Public sampling will commence from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Three teams of first responders - Reedley and Visalia Fire Departments, and AMR Visalia - will meet again to see who can prepare the best chili, and three local chefs, Karl Merten of Café 225 (Visalia), George Quilty of Orange Blossom Junction (Exeter) and one Culinary Chef at the Institute of Technology (Fresno) - will compete for top honors for barbecued ribs.This year's panel of judges will include Jessica Peres, local reporter at ABC30, and Disneyland's Alison Moore.