Cooking Time: 40 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened (see Note)
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet or milk chocolate chips
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed, beat together sugar and butter until well mixed, 1 to 2 minutes, scraping bowl often. Add egg yolk and continue beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low. Continue beating 1 to 2 minutes longer, gradually adding flour and cinnamon, scraping bowl frequently. Press dough evenly onto bottom of a 10- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg white with a fork then brush it over the top of the dough. Sprinkle with pecans, patting them lightly into dough.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips; let stand 3 minutes, then swirl chips lightly with a knife. Cut into bars while still warm. Cool in pan on a wire rack.