Chilling Time: 4 hr
Cooking Time: 15 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 (9-inch) frozen ready-to-bake pie shell, thawed
- 1 (4-serving size) package lemon gelatin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup ginger ale
- 3 pints fresh blueberries, washed
What To Do:
- Bake pie shell according to package directions; set aside to cool.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine remaining ingredients, except 2 pints blueberries. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until gelatin mix has dissolved and blueberries have popped and colored mixture blue, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and let cool about 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining 2 pints blueberries then spoon into baked pie shell.
- Chill at least 4 hours, or until set. Serve, or cover and keep chilled until ready to serve.
Notes: Before serving, top each slice with a dollop of fresh whipped cream and a sprig of fresh mint.