FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Here's a quick and fun little project courtesy of Nicole Buck with Ideaworks Maker Spaces in Fresno.
What you will need:
- Safety glasses
- Hardboard, high-density fiberboard
- Picture frame (any size)
- Measuring square
- Chalkboard paint
Here's what to do:
1. Remove any backing and glass from frame (if necessary)
2. Measure inside of Frame and mark your backboard (hardboard)
3. Cut backboard with table saw or circular saw
4. Sand the smooth side of the backboard with 120 grit sandpaper. This will allow the paint to adhere to the backboard.
5. Paint backboard with chalkboard paint
6. Wait approximately one hour and apply a second coat
7. Place backboard in frame
That's it! Hang and use.
Optional - If you are using a recycled frame or a custom made frame, you may need to use a tab gun to hold the backboard in the frame.
Courtesy of Ideaworks Maker Spaces.
More TOP STORIES News