NIXA, Mo. -- A man in Missouri recently walked into a restaurant with a snake around his neck and sat down to eat.
Restaurant customers say they were shocked to see the man having lunch with the reptile around his neck.
They say when they complained to the manager, he said there was nothing he could do because the man claimed the snake was his service animal.
Restaurant customer Lisa Loeffelholz explained, "He said, 'It's no different than having a dog service animal sitting here.' I said, 'Well, a little bit, it is!'"
The Americans with Disabilities Act defines service animals as a dog only.
In future cases, health officials say patrons can call police because snakes are considered a health hazard.