KFSN EEO reports on FCC.gov
Current Job Openings
ENG/Microwave Repair Technician
KFSN, the Disney/ABC Owned TV station in Fresno, CA, seeking an experienced, ENG/Microwave Repair Technician for full-time employment. This proactive individual will succeed in the troubleshooting, repair and installation of modern digital broadcast equipment.
- Installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of video, audio and RF systems, including satellite and ENG Microwave equipment, ENG/SNG Vehicles, Remote Bureaus, non-linear editing systems, ENG camera and lens repairs.
- Track news equipment repairs, address issues and order replacement parts for ENG/SNG field equipment and news vehicles with minimal supervision.
- Troubleshoot, operate or assist with transmission of satellite/RF microwave truck/bonded cellular devices from the field.
- Skilled in basic electronic maintenance and the ability to troubleshoot and repair complex equipment.
- Provide maintenance and installation of low to medium powered transmitters.
- Use of audio/video/data test equipment such as digital waveform-spectrum analyzer.
- Ability to understand and maintain technical documentation and drawings.
- Knowledge of modern Electronic News Gathering (ENG) systems and field operations.
- Working knowledge of television equipment and integrated systems.
- Excellent problem solving abilities and skill in prioritizing issues.
- Applicants must be reliable and punctual.
- Demonstrate professional interpersonal and communication skills with members of the engineering staff, station employees and management and outside vendors.
- Have good organizational and record keeping skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, strong computer skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Successful applicant will be a strong self-starter, team player and goal oriented.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and move up to 50 pounds, climb ladders, work on rooftops and in confined spaces.
- This position may require overtime as job schedules warrant, and in emergency situations, call in on nights and weekends.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in ENG/SNG Operations and Maintenance in a television environment or similar.
Military electronic training with emphasis on high power transmitters, college or technical school degree preferred with specific training in Electronic Technology or equivalent work experience in broadcast maintenance and operations.
KFSN-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Click here to apply
KFSN, the Disney/ABC Owned TV station in Fresno, CA, is seeking a full-time staff Ignite Director. The ideal candidate should have experience working with the Grass Valley Ignite system, the ability to work well under pressure, open to new ideas/workflows and exceptional organizational skills. Prior experience with ENPS and Vertigo is preferred. Must be available to work all shifts, including early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays. This position is an AFTRA union position. KFSN-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Click here to apply
Graphic Artist, Part-Time
KFSN, the Disney/ABC Owned TV station in Fresno, CA, is looking for a part-time Graphic Artist to join the Creative Services team. The ideal candidate will need to have the ability to create graphics for TV, web, social media and print. This position requires someone with an aptitude for new technology, a willingness to learn, who is organized and comfortable with a heavy workload in a fast-paced environment. Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects is required. Experience with Adobe Premiere and Miranda Vertigo playout system a plus, but not required. Applicant must have a flexible schedule. Please upload resume and include recent examples of work. KFSN-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Click here to apply
KFSN-TV, Human Resources
1777 G. Street
Fresno, CA 93706