This ABC30 special covers:
- Interviews with inspiring athletes and coaches
- The best girls' wrestling team in the state
- Healthy versus unhealthy competition
- The rise of one-sport injuries and concussions
- The participation trophy debate
- Your chances of getting a sports scholarship
- Adapted Physical Education in Fresno County
Children First is a year-round effort focusing on the challenges, problems and opportunities facing our youth in Central California.
The program shows how the average person can make a difference in a child's life and highlights local organizations working with kids.
The Children First campaign includes half-hour programs like "Kids and Sports," thirty-second public service announcements, and special stories on Action News.
Valley Children's Hospital:
Fresno County Office of Education:
Educational Employees Credit Union:
The First Tee of Fresno:
Clovis Unified Sports and Rec Programs:
Fresno Sports and Rec Programs for Youth:
Fresno Unified Dept. of Athletics:
Adapted Physical Education:
Break The Barriers:
CIF-California Interscholastic Federation:
Probability of playing college athletics:
American Development Model (ADM):
Your chances of going Pro:
Dr. Wade Gilbert:
ABC30 thanks its partners below for putting Children First in the Central Valley.