Cooking Time: 30 min
- 1/2 pound cooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or melted butter
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 10-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss spaghetti with olive oil. In a small bowl, combine eggs and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Stir into spaghetti then pour into prepared pie plate, and form into a "crust." Spread ricotta evenly over crust, but not quite to edge, and top with spaghetti sauce.
- Bake uncovered 25 minutes, then top with mozzarella; bake 5 more minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Cool 10 minutes before slicing into wedges.
- When you're making spaghetti for your family, plan ahead and make an extra 1/2 pound for this recipe.
- This is a great make-ahead dish: Just assemble and freeze it without cooking. Thaw then bake just before serving.