Cooking Time: 25 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 (16-ounce) package split peas
- 1 pound boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 6 cups water
What To Do:
- Place all ingredients in a 6-quart pressure cooker; mix well. Lock the lid in place and bring to full pressure over high heat. When pressure regulator begins to rock, reduce heat to low and cook 10 minutes.
- Cool cooker at once by placing under cold running water. When pressure is completely reduced, remove lid and bay leaf; stir and serve immediately.
- If using an electric pressure cooker, set timer to 10 minutes on soup setting or refer to owner's manual for specific instructions.
- Don't have a pressure cooker? No problem! Place all ingredients in a large stock pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 3 hours, stirring occasionally until peas are tender.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Soup-Recipes/Lightning-Quick-Split-Pea-Soup#v1apk1Wz843v0DqC.99