Cooking Time: 3 hr 20 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (4- to 4-1/2-pound) beef brisket (first cut, flat half), trimmed
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 3/4 cups beef broth, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, heat oil. Add brisket and brown evenly; remove brisket from pan and set aside.
- Add onions to pan and cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings being careful to retain onions, then add brisket, 3/4 cup broth, and garlic; cover tightly.
- Cook brisket in oven 3 to 3-1/2 hours, or until fork-tender. Remove brisket to a cutting board; keep warm. Drain oil from pan and discard.
- Add remaining broth and horseradish to onions in pan and cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes, or until hot. Slice brisket diagonally across grain into thin slices. Serve with sauce.