Cooking Time: 25 min
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast or steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and cut into quarters
- 6 carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon browning and seasoning sauce
What To Do:
- In a 6-quart pressure cooker, heat oil over high heat. Add beef, salt, and pepper, and brown, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove pressure cooker from heat. Add potatoes, carrots, onions, broth, and 1 cup water. Lock lid in place and bring to full pressure over high heat. When pressure regulator begins to rock, reduce heat to medium and cook 8 minutes. Remove from heat and allow pressure to drop slowly until steam no longer escapes from vent pipe and pressure is completely reduced.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining water, the flour, and browning and seasoning sauce.
- Remove lid from pressure cooker and stir flour mixture into stew, cooking over medium heat, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes, or until thickened.