Cooking Time: 15 min
What You'll Need:
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Oil for frying
- Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, and vanilla until well blended. Add to flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, heat 1-inch of oil until hot, but not smoking.
- Holding a finger over bottom of a funnel with a 5/8-inch opening, pour 1/2 cup of batter into funnel. Drizzle batter into hot oil, swirling it in circles from center outward. Fry until golden, turning once. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar; serve warm.
Notes: Use the batter right away, or it will thicken too much to pass easily through the funnel!