Eggs are affordable and oh-so-easy to prepare, and they give us energy for our bodies and minds, 'cause they're natural and loaded with protein. Easter is a time for eggs to shine, in decorated Easter baskets and, one of my favorite things, deviled eggs.
Did you know the week after Easter is National Egg Salad Week? What a perfect way to use our leftover hard-cooked eggs.
- Place eggs in saucepan large enough to hold them in a single layer. Add cold water to cover eggs by 1 inch. Heat over high heat just to boiling.
- Remove from burner. Cover pan. Let eggs stand in hot water about 15 minutes for Large eggs (12 minutes for Medium eggs; 18 for Extra Large).
- Cool completely under cold running water or in a bowl of ice water. Peel and eat eggs or refrigerate to enjoy them later.
Incredibly easy hard-cooking tips:
- To peel a hard-cooked egg, gently tap the egg on the countertop until the shell is finely cracked all over. Roll egg between hands to loosen shell. Start peeling at the large end of the egg, holding the egg under cold running water to help ease off shell.
- Hard-cooked eggs in the shell can be refrigerated for up to one week. Hard-cooked eggs out of the shell should be used immediately.
- Prepare a dozen hard-cooked eggs on Sunday so you'll have an all-natural, high-quality protein option on hand for your family during the busy week ahead, either for an on-the-go breakfast or after-school snack.
- Eggs are all-natural and have high-quality protein and 13 essential vitamins and minerals in varying amounts, all for 70 calories.
- Eggs are affordable, quick and versatile, and research shows that eating high-quality protein foods for breakfast, like eggs, can help you and your family feel more satisfied and energized throughout the day.
- At an average cost of 15 cents apiece, eggs offer a great bang for your buck, providing one of the most affordable sources of high-quality protein per serving. Incredible!
It's easy – and these are perfect for our recipes. Eggs have lots of benefits, so enjoy their healthy, tasty...