What You'll Need:
- 2 small ripe mangoes (about 1 pound), peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup dark or light rum
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Ice cubes
- Lime wedges
- Sugar to coat glass rim
What To Do:
- In a blender, blend mango, rum, sugar, lime, and ground ginger until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides.
- Add enough ice to reach 4-3/4-cup level on blender container; process until mixture is thick and slushy.
- To decorate glasses, rub a lime wedge around the rim of each glass. Place sugar in a shallow bowl and spin rim of each glass in sugar. Pour mango mixture into glasses and serve.
Notes: The sweetness of mangoes will vary with each season, so you may need to vary the amount of sugar. To cut a mango, slice the fruit in half, cutting around the big seed in the center, then score the flesh into squares and slice it.