The numbers have been drawn for Tuesday's $565 million Mega Millions jackpot.
The jackpot comes with a cash option of $293.6 million.
The winning numbers drawn Tuesday, Dec. 27 are: 9-13-36-59-61 and Mega Ball: 11
The Mega Millions website says that no ticket was sold matching all six winning numbers, but there were five tickets that matched 5/6 numbers.
In most states, those 5/6 tickets are worth $1 million - or $2 million with the Megaplier option. The California Lottery said that two of those 5/6 tickets were sold in California, but are actually only worth $245,984 because the state calculates prize amounts on a pari-mutuel basis, according to ticket sales and number of winners.
With nobody winning the grand prize in Tuesday's drawing, the jackpot is expected to grow to more than $640 million.
RELATED: What to consider if you win the lottery
Tuesday's top prize would have been the sixth largest in the history of the game - and the second-largest in 2022, after a winning ticket worth $1.34 billion was sold in Des Plaines, illinois last July.
SEE ALSO: Why does the lottery jackpot get so high?
Also in 2022, the U.S. record lottery jackpot prize was sold in Southern California after someone bought a Powerball ticket worth $2.04 billion.
10 biggest Mega Millions, Powerball jackpots won in US lottery history
1. $2.04 billion, Powerball, Nov. 7, 2022 (1 ticket from California)
2. $1.586 billion, Powerball, Jan. 13, 2016 (three tickets, from California, Florida, Tennessee)
3. $1.537 billion, Mega Millions, Oct. 23, 2018 (one ticket, from South Carolina)
4. $1.337 billion, Mega Millions, July 29, 2022 (one ticket, from Illinois)
5. $1.05 billion, Mega Millions, Jan. 22, 2021 (one ticket, from Michigan)
6. $768.4 million, Powerball, March 27, 2019 (one ticket, from Wisconsin)
7. $758.7 million, Powerball, Aug. 23, 2017 (one ticket, from Massachusetts)
8. $731.1 million, Powerball, Jan. 20, 2021 (one ticket, from Maryland)
9. $699.8 million, Powerball, Oct. 4, 2021 (one ticket, from California)
10. $687.8 million, Powerball, Oct. 27, 2018 (two tickets, from Iowa and New York)
Tickets are sold in 45 states, the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
'It's ridiculous': Residents in the 5 states without lotteries feel Powerball envy
Mega Millions tickets are $2 each, and players have the option to add the Megaplier for an additional $1 for the chance to multiply non-jackpot prizes.
Mega Millions drawings are held every Tuesday and Friday.