Two Traver brothers arrested in bathroom beating at 49ers game

Monday, October 6, 2014
Two Traver brothers arrested in bathroom beating at 49ers game
EMBED <>More Videos

The two men arrested following a beating inside a Levi's Stadium bathroom at Sunday's 49ers game are brothers from Traver.

TRAVER, Calif. (KFSN) -- Family members of the two men caught on camera beating fellow 49ers fans are speaking out.

The brawl, which took place at Levi's Stadium on Sunday, has since gone viral after a bystander posted the video on YouTube.

The two suspects, who in the video took the first punches, are in jail in Santa Clara. The two are brothers from the Tulare County town of Traver.

WARNING: This footage contains material that some viewers may find disturbing due to explicit language and/or the graphic nature of the material.

Swinging with full force, brothers Dario and Amador Rebollero are seen taking out one man and hitting another in a Levi's Stadium bathroom. With more than 500,000 views on YouTube and climbing, people from all over the country are taken right into the brawl, where a man falls unconscious to the ground.

Dario Rebollero, 34, and his younger brother Amador Rebollero, 27, were immediately arrested for felony assault. But their family members are speaking out and painting an entirely different picture of the suspects.

"I was sad because it's not like them, that's not how they are, that's not them," a family member told Action News. "My uncle works, like he has kids and everything."

The wife of one of the suspects was at the game with her husband when the fight broke out in the bathroom. She believes the brothers were provoked by a racist comment from one of the victims.

"I'm pretty sure there was a lot of people that witnessed what happened, or what provoked them. They were not just going to start swinging just to swing," the wife said. "I mean come on, we went to watch our game, we paid pretty good money for our seats."

The wife says a comment she saw on the YouTube video, that says the victim made a racist comment and was laid out, gives her hope that other witnesses will step forward.

In the meantime, one victim was treated and released while the other is in serious condition.

Santa Clara police say they can't confirm or deny if the victims provoked the suspects at this point as their case is still under investigation.