Whether you're throwing a Kentucky Derby party or you just love the flavors in a traditional Mint Julep, you're going to love these Mint Julep Brownies. You don't have to be a horseracing fan to know that these homemade brownies are sure to be a winner.
Cooking Time: 30 min
What You'll Need:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
4 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
4 large eggs
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons bourbon
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 (16-ounce) container vanilla frosting
2 teaspoons bourbon
3 teaspoons peppermint extract
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray, then dust with flour.
2. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate, stirring until smooth; cool slightly.
3. Place eggs in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed. Gradually add sugar and beat 1 to 2 minutes. Add chocolate mixture, flour, salt, 2 tablespoons bourbon, and 1 teaspoon peppermint extract; beat well. Pour batter into baking dish.
4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; cool completely.
5. In a medium bowl, combine frosting ingredients. Spread over brownies, then cut into squares.
Wanna make these kid-friendly? Just leave out the bourbon!
And if you want to jazz these up even more, garnish each brownie with a mint leaf before serving.
More TOP STORIES News