Madera home destroyed in fire

Working smoke detectors may have saved a North Valley family from their burning home.
January 29, 2014 6:20:25 AM PST
Working smoke detectors may have saved a North Valley family from their burning home.

The fire started before 2 a.m. Wednesday morning at a home on Westgate and Fall in the city of Madera. Firefighters say the home was fully engulfed in flames when crews arrived.

Madera County fire officials believe the fire started in the garage then spread to the attic. Firefighters say the family woke up to heavy smoke throughout the house when they heard their smoke alarms.

All four people in the home escaped without injuries, however the family's dog did die in the fire. The Red Cross stepped in to find the family a place to stay. No word yet on the estimated cost of damages to the house.

The Madera Fire County Department said all the contents of the home were lost in the fire.


Load Comments