Cooking Time: 1 hr 30 min
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely chopped celery (about 4 stalks)
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped onion (about 2 small onions)
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped carrots (about 3 carrots)
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (14-ounce) package cubed herb-seasoned stuffing mix (8 cups)
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add celery, onions, and carrots, and sauté until light golden and tender, about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine eggs, stuffing mix, water, salt, and pepper; mix until well blended and stuffing is soft. Add vegetable mixture to stuffing mixture; mix well and place in baking dish.
- Bake about 1-1/4 hours, or until golden.