Well our old-world inspired pork and cabbage recipe, popular for good luck in the new year, will make your life in the kitchen easier.
Cooking Time: 6 hr
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 apples, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 pounds boneless pork butt bottom roast
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine cabbage, apples, onion, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, apple juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; mix well.
- Evenly sprinkle roast with remaining salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat and brown roast on all sides.
- Place roast in slow cooker over cabbage mixture, cover, and cook on low heat 6 to 8 hours or until fork-tender.