Fresno Firefighters revive kitten

FRESNO, Calif.

Crews rushed to a complex near Shaw and Marks around 5:30 Saturday evening.

They said the flames started after someone left food unattended on the stove. The family made it out safely, but a kitten was still trapped inside.

Firefighters went in and found the little feline. It wasn't breathing, so they used an oxygen mask to resuscitate the animal. The SPCA examined the kitten before returning it to the family.

The fire caused about $20,000 in damage.

Copyright © 2021 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.