Fresno Fire Draws Narcotics Team

August 15, 2008 12:00:00 AM PDT
A small fire drew both firefighters and a narcotics team to a northwest Fresno neighborhood.Police officers pulled several burned marijuana plants and growing equipment out of the house yesterday. They were called to the house after firefighters put out a fire in the attic of the home and spotted suspicious activity.

Officers say the fire probably started because of a propane-fueled generator in the attic. "I'm guessing that's what started the fire. It's an open-flamed device designed to create carbon dioxide because marijuana plants thrive on carbon dioxide," said Sergeant Mike Oliver with the Fresno Police Department. One person in the house was burned trying to put out the fire. Police are now sending the case to the District Attorney's office.

They've also called Child Protective Services because kids lived at the home, alongside the dangerous equipment.



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

abc30 News Links:
Links to other news sections on our website.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Breaking News Alerts:
Click Here to Sign-Up for Breaking News E-Mail Alerts
Receive Breaking News alerts in your email inbox.


Click Here to Sign-Up for Text Message Alerts
Receive Breaking News alerts right on your cell phone.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Load Comments