Visalia Mall shooting suspects to stand trial

March 11, 2013 12:00:00 AM PDT
A judge determined there's enough evidence for two suspects to go to trial for a shootout at the Visalia Mall last year.

Adrian Esquer and Anthony Hanson are facing six counts of attempted murder plus a number of special allegations for the use of a gun and committing the crimes on behalf of a gang.

Several police detectives testified to the suspects' gang affiliation and evidence found at The Sweet Factory candy shop where the shooting took place.

If convicted, Esquer and Hanson each face several hundred years to life in prison.

Tulare County Assistant District Attorney Anthony Fultz said, "The activities of these two gang members will be brought out and I think a jury will find their activity was criminal."

Attorney Victor Perez said, "I do believe he has remorse and he's not going to have an opportunity to show that remorse until such time we put him in front of a jury."

The two suspects will be back in court next week to be arraigned on the charges.

In the video, Action News reporter Jessica Peres has complete coverage on the story.


Load Comments