Cooking Time: 20 min
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 cups plain dry bread crumbs (see Tip)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Place a piece of wax paper on a baking sheet and set aside. In a shallow dish, beat together the eggs, olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place bread crumbs, garlic powder, and remaining salt and pepper in another shallow dish.
- Dip each chicken breast into egg mixture then into bread crumbs, pressing down to coat completely. Place on wax paper-lined baking sheet. Lay a piece of wax paper on top of chicken then wrap tightly with plastic wrap and freeze until ready to cook.
- Remove chicken from freezer and place on baking sheet that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Coat top of chicken with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until no pink remains.
- For Chicken Parmigiana: Place 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce and 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese on each chicken breast 5 minutes before chicken is finished cooking.
- For Scampi-Style Chicken: Melt 1 stick butter and combine with 1 tablespoon fresh chopped garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice in a large skillet over medium heat just until hot; pour evenly over chicken breasts.
- For Spicy Asian Chicken: Over each chicken breast, spoon 2 tablespoons Thai chili sauce then sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds and 1 teaspoon sliced scallions 5 minutes before chicken is finished cooking.
Tip: For a crispier coating; mix half regular bread crumbs with panko bread crumbs or crushed corn flakes.