Cooking Time: 2 hr
- 1 leftover turkey frame
- 10 cups cold water
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chicken base or 1 to 2 bouillon cubes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a soup pot, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
You can add some leftover chunked turkey or cooked egg noodles to make this an even heartier soup.