Cooking Time: 1 hr 10 min
- 2 large (12- to 14-ounce) Idaho Russet Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 scallions (green onions), sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Scrub potatoes and pierce skins several times with a fork.
- Place on baking sheet and bake 55 to 65 minutes, or until tender. Let cool 5 minutes then slice in half lengthwise and scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shell.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; scramble eggs until firm.
- Evenly divide eggs into potato halves and sprinkle with tomatoes, bacon, cheese, and scallions. Place on baking sheet and heat in oven 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Save the scooped out potato and mash with a bit of butter, salt, and pepper. Then simply pan-fry it for a double bonus!
For more information about Idaho Potatoes, visit: idahopotato.com