Pit bull rescued after eating rat poison

FRESNO, Calif.

The Animal Compassion Team is caring for this young pit bull named Baloo. A neighbor took him in after they say his owner improperly cropped his ears and refused to take him to a vet after the dog ate rat poison.

The Animal Compassion Team gave Baloo an emergency blood transfusion. He is now doing much better .

Baloo is already making a lot of friends on Facebook from people who have offered to help pay for his medical bills.

Copyright © 2021 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.