This restaurant-worthy main dish looks and tastes like a million bucks, but only you’ll know how simple it was to pull off.
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 45 min
- 1 (6.2-ounce) box wild rice
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1-1/2 to 2-pounds total), pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook rice according to package directions; let cool 10 minutes. Stir oranges into rice and set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts evenly with salt and pepper. Top each breast with a heaping tablespoon of rice. Roll up and place seam side down in prepared baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine marmalade and orange juice (do not heat it) and lightly brush mixture onto chicken rollups. Reserve remaining mixture for later use.
- Bake chicken 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Heat remaining sauce in saucepan on low 5 to 7 minutes, or until hot; drizzle over chicken rollups. Evenly sprinkle almonds on top; serve immediately.