Cooking Time: 40 min
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (15-ounce) cans red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 ounce envelope onion soup mix
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 8 Kaiser rolls
- In a large pot, combine ground beef and garlic over medium-high heat, and brown for 10 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, kidney beans, onion soup mix, and chili powder; mix well and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut a 1-1/2-inch circle off the top of each roll and remove bread circles. Reserve circles to serve with chili for dunking. Hollow out rolls, leaving 1/2 inch of bread around sides, creating bowls.
- Place bread bowls on plates and spoon chili into them, allowing chili to overflow.
- Make sure to have sour cream, chopped onions, and shredded cheese on hand to use as chili toppers.