Our zesty south-of-the-border Chicken Burrito Soup might do just that, plus it’s a fiesta for your taste buds.
Cooking Time: 25 min
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 (16-ounce) jar salsa
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into ½-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 4 (6-inch) flour tortillas, cut into 1/4-x 3-inch strips
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) finely shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a soup pot, bring chicken broth, water, and salsa to a boil over high heat.
- Add chicken and cook 4 to 6 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken.
- Stir in olives and tortilla strips and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Sprinkle each portion with cheese just before serving.