Makes: 2 loaves
Cooking Time: 50 min
What You'll Need:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 1/4 cup chocolate-flavored syrup
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two (4- x 8-inch) loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and baking powder. With an electric mixer, beat in shortening until well combined. Beat in eggs, cranberry juice, and chocolate syrup until thoroughly combined. Fold in cranberries, chocolate chips, and walnuts. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan, then cool completely on a wire rack. Slice and serve.
Change It Up
- Wanna bake these in mini loaf pans? Go ahead. Just reduce the cooking time accordingly, based on your pan size. For gift-giving, wrap a whole loaf or mini loaves in cellophane and tie with a ribbon.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Bread/Chocolate-Chip-Cranberry-Bread#21hOxDjY3z6Ldo61.99