House fire breaks out on Pollasky and First in Clovis

FRESNO, Calif.

The fire happened shortly after 5:00 Thursday night, near First Street and Pollasky.

It took a team of about 17 fire fighters to put out the fire, which is believed to have started in the garage area -- where the residents do welding and automotive work.

Investigators say someone was cutting metal right before the flames broke out.

There were some initial concerns, after neighbors and crews on scene heard a number of explosions.

Clovis Fire Department Deputy Chief Michael Despain said, "In the garage area was a number of oxygen acetylene torch containers, those started to explode, so we had an explosive hazard, we also had some electrical hazards and drop lines affected."

No one was injured and crews were able to isolate the fire to the garage area. But the two people, who live there, were displaced for the evening.

Damage is estimated at more than $100 thousand.

Copyright © 2019 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.