Cooking Time: 25 min
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ripe tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 red or green bell peppers, split lengthwise and cleaned
- 1 tablespoon grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup water
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and garlic and saute just until softened. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients except pepper halves and Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Fill peppers evenly with mixture and place in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Add water to baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully remove foil; return to oven and bake an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until peppers are tender and the filling is heated through. Serve immediately.