Cooking Time: 1 hr 15 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 envelope onion soup mix (from a 2-ounce box)
- 1 soup can cold water
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut into 8 pieces
- Paprika for sprinkling
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together rice, soups, soup mix, water, garlic, parsley, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Press chicken into mixture. Sprinkle with paprika, then cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake 1-1/4 hours. Do NOT open cover (not even to peek!) during baking.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley before serving for an impressive finishing touch.
- This is great made ahead and rewarmed in the oven or microwave. For a different taste treat, why not try adding some carrot or celery chunks or using flavored rice? And remember, bottled garlic is a wonderful time-saver.