Cooking Time: 1 hr
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound turkey sausage, casing removed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 (15-ounce) cans great northern beans, drained
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups chopped kale (we use a mixture of Bright Lights and Salad Savoy)
What To Do:
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil; cook sausage and onions 8 to 10 minutes, or until sausage is browned.
- Add remaining ingredients except the kale, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 25 minutes, or until carrots and potatoes are tender. Stir in greens and cook 15 minutes, or until greens are wilted.