Central Fresno condominium fire displaces 2 families

EMBED </>More Videos

The Fresno Fire Department is investigating a condominium fire that left two families without a home on Friday. (KFSN)

The Fresno Fire Department is investigating a condominium fire that left two families without a home on Friday. It happened just before 3 p.m. near Dakota and Hughes avenues in Central Fresno.

Investigators say the fire started outside and quickly spread to the unit next door. Thankfully, both families were not home at the time, and no one was hurt.

Fire Battalion Chief Chuck Tobias stressed the importance of protecting your home. He said, "It's fires like these in multi-unit complexes and single-family residences where smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors are critically important to their life safety. Invest in those few dollars to insure the safety of your family. We can't overemphasize that."

The damage is estimated at $50,000. The Red Cross is helping the two families who lived there.

Related Topics:
fireapartment firehouse firefresnoFresno - Central
(Copyright ©2018 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.)