Fire officials: Cigarette sparked Fresno blaze

October 14, 2012 12:00:00 AM PDT
Fresno fire officials say a cigarette sparked a fire that left one person with second degree burns.

The flames broke out just before 2 a.m. Sunday morning at a duplex on Archie near Kings Canyon.

Firefighters say the cigarette ignited some bedding and quickly spread throughout the unit.

The victim was burned on their arms, legs, and chest and is now being treated at Community Regional Medical Center.

The flames also caused significant damage to half of the duplex, but crews were able to protect the other unit.


Load Comments