Cooking Time: 25 min
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 3/4 cups ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a soup pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add celery and onion and sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until tender.
- Add chicken broth, potatoes, and vinegar; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Add flour, milk, salt, and pepper; cook until soup is thickened and heated through, stirring constantly. Add cheese and stir until melted. Serve immediately.